Monday, January 19, 2009

Sorry This is so Long!

I did not realize that it had been a few weeks since I have been on here! I logged in tonight, and saw that 2 babies were born last week! Heather, a friend from the olden days, and her husband added a third cutie to their group. Her brother Chad and his wife added their fourth!! Congratulations guys! I was happy to hear all went well. I am sure though that Grandma and Grandpa are almost as tired as you! Thank God for safe travel :)

So, things around here have been going well. Sam is doing AWESOME with his new PACES! He likes to do his schoolwork in the evening, but that is working out fine. It really helps to have him a little more worn out! He doesn't fidget so much and actually concentrates much better. He is doing 2 pages a day in his 5 subjects, and he likes to do the hardest (the one with the most writing) first. I was worried when we started because he doesn't like to write, but the PACES really keep it balanced. He has not complained once! Thank you Jesus!!

Things are moving along with his dad. We canceled his visit two Saturdays ago due to the weather, so that has changed our schedule a bit. He was supposed to go for 6 hours this past Saturday, but Russell needed it to be from 9-1:30 instead. Sam got to go to Walmart, Discount Tire, and McD's for lunch. He is staying home this weekend since Megan is staying the weekend, and then I think Russell is planning to have him for some 'dark time' the following weekend. I am not sure when he is planning on us setting up a schedule. The counselor told him one was needed two weeks ago, but nothing has come of it yet. I just wish Sam spent more 'normal-quiet-time-at-home-with-dad'. He usually just wants to go to his dad's and play with his step sister, Katie, but they tend to run errands though. He did take Sam to see Bolt, which he loved! I just wish he saw that Sam wants to be able to lay on the living room floor playing with toys and make some good memories. I want my son to have that opportunity.

Sam is really just a homebody and really, really, really misses Katie! In the last 2 years, he has spent only a few minutes at a time with her. Mostly in passing. He loves her dearly, and worried about her following the abuse and the trial. He asked about her multiple times a day for the last 2 years!

I appreciate the prayers that people are offering up on our behalf! Thank you all!! We sometimes get lost when we don't know what we should ask for, so we rely on begging God's will be done, and for Him to prepare our hearts for what is coming. I have almost gone crazy at times; trying to figure out how to fix it all. I still have not (and don't plan on) thinking about the details of what Sam went through. He has worked through most of his issues, but every now and then, he just snaps and has a total meltdown. I can usually look back and find the trigger, and then we talk through it and follow up with his counselor. But enough about that :)

Well, I missed my deadline for signing up for my classes at KCC. I had a delay getting my paperwork and transcripts delivered on time. But maybe there was a reason for that, cause I got to talking to Samantha, my niece, and she talked me into looking into Baker College. I have looked into them in the past, but I am actually thinking that it might be my best choice. Price wise its between Davenport and KCC. Please pray for these decisions I am needing to make.

I don't mean to have only a 'complaining/negative' type blog. There are lots of good things I can talk about too! We found a recipe for homemade laundry soap on a friend of a friends blog, and it works great! It uses: 1 Cup Grated Fels Naptha Soap, 1/2 Cup Washing Soda, 1/2 Cup Borax. For light load, use 1 tablespoon. For heavy or heavily soiled load, use 2 tablespoons. (http://www.thefrugalshopper.com/articles/detergent.html) I read afterwords that the Fels Naptha soap can actually have some serious health risks with 'prolonged' contact, but you are able to use Castille soap instead. I am not sure if the difference between the two is more environmental in nature or if there is truly a heath risk. I am thinking that the same thing would happen if you were not using gloves while stirring and messing with traditional soaps like Tide and Cheer. My arms itch if I have to adjust the clothes in the soapy water and don't rise my skin good enough. So, I am just planning on being careful when mixing and using this homemade soap. It does work wonderful though! We were able to find the ingredients at our Meijer. If you call the number for Arm and Hammer, they will tell you where to find the Washing Soda. It is not the same as baking soda!!! Borax is sold at any Walmart, Meijers, and Target to name a few. Try it. You'll save a lot of money!

Other good things around here are...

  1. Our roof is handling the weight of the ice and snow
  2. Our puppy actually prefers to potty in the snow drifts! Less shoveling :)
  3. Our furnace is warm and toasty.
  4. I got my taxes done.
  5. My before the holidays jeans still fit.
  6. My hair is long enough to French braid. (First time in years!)
  7. Family is safe.

I have lots to be thankful for, but most of all, I am excited about Jesus' soon return! The signs are happening so fast! Sam asks me to list them off to him sometimes! He sometimes will start crying because its not happening fast enough. My sweet angel is wanting to be with Jesus and all his family enjoying a true and eternal Peace.

God bless!

P.S.
I don't re-read my post to check for errors. I know that sounds really dumb, but I would end up deleting almost everything I wrote. So, please excuse the errors :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am so glad you got in touch with me! It has been a long time. Sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you; life has been a bit hectic. I hope that everything continues to improve with Sam and his dad. I have to constantly remember to just take a day at a time and rely on God's help!

    ReplyDelete