Monday, February 23, 2009

Hi Again!

I did not realize that it had been so long since I have been on here. Right now I have a few minutes because Sam in in AWANA. We have started going to a different church and we LOVE it!! I was not really liking where we had been attending, and I wanted to look for a new home church, but I wanted something with AWANA. So, I Googled AWANA and our home town, and we found the church that we go to now. Sam really loves AWANA here compared to where we were going. Our old church is the largest in town with around 3000 listed members. But, they were always giving the little kids out of date patches and the kids didn't really get taught that much. Well, here it is totally different! They regave him the correct patches that he earned, and they really have a great set of teachers. (For those of you who are not familiar with AWANA, it is like Boy/Girl scouts at church.)

So, Sam has been spending time with his Big Brother Corey, and they have been getting along great! They went to go see Hotel For Dogs last Tuesday, and then they went to Burger King. Sam has really warmed right up to him. Corey calls Sam just to see how things are going and Sam calls him when something interesting happens that he wants to tell someone about. Sam has tried calling his dad to talk, but always get the voicemail. That would be fine if his dad would return the call since Sam leaves a message each time. Since we separated in November of '04, his dad has NEVER called to talk to Sam! Even when Sam would be sick!! UGH!

I am still trying to get all my things in order to start at Baker in March. There is a mandatory class that lasts 3 weeks, then the regular classes start the next day. I think I just have one last paper to mail them tomorrow and then I will be all set.

I don't want to offend anyone, but I sometimes get scared for my loved ones that are not ready to face eternity. Sam asks quite often if this person or that one loves Jesus yet. It breaks my heart when I see the confusion on his face when being told that "No, they haven't made that choice yet." I love my family very much, but sometimes I am scared to talk to them about their soul. That is something I definitely have to work on. Please pray that I can have the courage I need to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment